Amino debuts new Live media gateway and enhanced IPTV/OTT product range at TelcoTV 2012
Amino Communications, leaders in IPTV/OTT solutions, will give a US debut to its new Amino Live media gateway at TelcoTV 2012 in Las Vegas next week - and showcase a range of enhancements across its IPTV product range.
Amino Technologies PLC ("Amino" or "the Company"; stock code: AMO), the Cambridge based broadband network software and systems company, announces that it has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding ("MoU") with Chengdu USEE Digital Technology Co. Ltd. ("USEE"), a broadband multimedia company based in the People's Republic of China ("PRC").
At Amino's booth - #525 - visitors can see a range of demonstrations showing how content from a range of sources - pay-TV, the open Internet, and home content - can be managed and distributed around the home.
Highlights include the Amino Live media gateway - the first hybrid/OTT media gateway to be powered by the new Intel® Atom™ Processor CE 5300 SoC. Combining dual core processing power with Amino's proven Aminet pay-TV software stack and a controlled Android-based virtual machine, the Live media gateway delivers seamless multi-screen distribution to TVs, smartphones and tablets around the home.
Amino will also highlight a wide range of improvements to its Aminet IPTV/OTT range including:
- Enhanced http live streaming (HLS): demonstrating reliable video service delivery over networks where high contention rates create challenges - offering operators the opportunity to deliver services "off-net" over the open Internet
- New "carrier grade" Wi-Fi capability via a USB dongle - easing deployment costs and installation challenges for operators
- OTT trickplay and recording: offering the same smooth fast forward, rewind and accurate skips for HLS-based services as users experience from recorded and live content
- Media playback from a USB stick - enabling consumers to "plug and play" music, video and images
- Multi-screen capability: showing how customers can encode and protect their content once, and then deliver the same content to all end users devices in a standards-based way
- TR-069 capability - allowing operators to remotely manage and monitor performance in the field
Amino CEO Donald McGarva said: "TelcoTV gives us a great opportunity to showcase both new products and enhancements to our existing portfolio - and how they are adding value and resolving the real world challenges our customers face.
"They tell us they want innovation to drive differentiated new services - both on their own networks and for going "off-net" - but also practical solutions that tackle truck roll, network management, monitoring and installation costs. We look forward to welcoming them to our booth and showing how, together with our partners, we offer a complete solution to their needs."