Amino showcases new 4K UHD multiscreen IPTV/broadcast hybrid and cloud TV portfolio at IBC 2015
Amino will bring to IBC 2015 a powerful new portfolio of new IPTV/broadcast hybrid devices and cloud TV solutions for the delivery of 4K UHD TV to any screen inside or outside the home.
The company will highlight how the recent acquisitions of Entone and Booxmedia are creating new complementary offerings including entertainment delivery, home monitoring and service assurance solutions for a wider range of operators, broadcasters and content owners.
Visitors to both the Amino and Entone stands – stands K.20 and L.10 in hall 14 – will see demonstrations spanning both IPTV and broadcast hybrid devices and the company's Booxmedia cloud-TV platform for multiscreen service delivery.
- The Booxmedia end-to-end multiscreen cloud-TV platform: delivering a full range of home and mobile TV experiences with live streaming, network PVR, catch up and 4K UHD VoD across TV and mobile screens, supported by the latest back-office applications
- Amino's new C5060 Cable hybrid media server: combining 4K UHD capability and multi-tuner recording to distribute content around the home to multiple screens including client devices for second and third TVs
- New 4K UHD IPTV devices that will demonstrate decoding of 4K UHD content from the Booxmedia cloud-TV Video on Demand portal
- A range of complementary services that operators can add to their offerings to reduce churn and increase revenue. These value-added content services include pre-integrated YouTube on TV capability and the Amino TV App Store that delivers up to 750 "made for TV" apps
- Amino's multi-award winning Home Reach home monitoring and control solution including Entone's Fusion Home monitor as the ideal entry point to this exciting new service layer
- Entone's Engage™ software suite: a range of cloud-based service assurance tools to enable operators to manage and deliver an optimised consumer experience
Amino CEO Donald McGarva said: "We continue to see complementary opportunities between Amino, Entone and Booxmedia. Bringing cloud TV capabilities to a range of devices – across our newly enlarged IPTV, cable and hybrid broadcast device portfolio – will provide clear differentiation in our market and opportunities for new and existing customers to deliver exciting new service offerings.
"More than this, there are a range of complementary offerings around home monitoring and control and value added content including YouTube on TV – alongside service assurance capabilities – that will further extend our capabilities in meeting customer demand."
IBC 2015 runs from 10-15 September at the RAI Exhibition Centre in Amsterdam.
For more information:
Head of Marketing Communications, Amino
Mob: +44 7775 806456
Amino Communications is an IPTV innovator – bringing new entertainment products and solutions to a global market. With over 850 customers in 85 countries – and over five million devices sold – Amino's award-winning solutions are deployed by major network operators and service providers worldwide. Amino's speed-to-market, agility and leading-edge technology has secured important partnerships with global vendors, including Intel®, to deliver the rich entertainment experience consumers are demanding.
Amino Communications is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amino Technologies plc and listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (AIM: symbol AMO). It is headquartered near Cambridge, in the UK.